John3John3 SeattlePosts: 999Silver Member
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Changed_Man

Comments

• MaverickMaverick Posts: 1,133Silver Member
    I disagree with some of those, especially red meat and cheese.  Saturated fats and cholesterol usually have positive effect on male androgens.  Also, you can not get adrenal fatigue from coffee.  Tim Ferris (in 4 hr body) did one of his crazy dietary experiment where he consumed gross amounts of different foods and checked his T.  I believe he got the greatest bump from a 2 pound beef steak (forgot which cut) consumed right before bedtime.
    TemplarTiberiusLiquidSoundScarlet
  • frustratedManfrustratedMan USAPosts: 338Silver Member
    @John 3 most of what she, author, is talking about are the hormones in the food not the food itself.
    Quote from MMSL Primer kindle edition pg 154 "Unless there's something medically or psychiatric ally wrong with her, she likes sex. Think about that for a moment. She actually likes sex. She wants it. It's in her DNA to like sex. She's the product of millions of years of evolutionary sexual selection where the people who screwed around the best got to pass their genes to the next generation tens of thousands of times over. Your wife is from a long line of sluts."

My main thread http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/7035/hi-to-everyone-recovering-nice-guy#latest
  • TiberiusTiberius Posts: 309Silver Member
    I'm pretty skeptical that its that low.

"The only thing you needed to realize is that she was a crazy possibly hormonal velociraptor testing your fences.  And she found about seven weak spots last night before you finally knocked her back."  -_io

• bigred0721bigred0721 Austin TXPosts: 119Silver Member
    But the author of that article is a yoga instructor and personal trainer. She must know everything!
    You want it, You take it, You pay the price
    The Boss
    TemplarSugarAndSpiceBritguy68RicoScarletMILF_in_training
  • John3John3 SeattlePosts: 999Silver Member
    The ones I found interesting are soda and artificial sweetener...since I drink loads of both.  I would have liked it better if she had quoted sources and had something scientific as a reference. 
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    MaverickTemplarbigred0721
  • NakuNaku Posts: 423Silver Member
    I didn't have the patience to click through all 10 pages, but this is one of those areas where everyone has an opinion and no one knows for sure. I eat quite a bit of soy and worried about what I had read.  aparently, it has plant estrogen.  But we can't know if it increases or decreses testosterone, since it's all on a feedback loop.  When you increase your testosterone, it can increase your estrogen, so it's unknown what eating soy and such things does.

Since I started lifting, I am like a 20yo. I don't know if it's psychological or not (but who cares). 
    Britguy68
  • Maitre_PingouinMaitre_Pingouin France (near Paris)Posts: 86Silver Member
    About red meat and cheese : those are not the real problem, because the problem are the hormones and antibiotics inside those.
    That's why in France, american beef has been forbidden for a long time.
  • TemplarTemplar WashingtonPosts: 3,146Silver Member
    Tiberius said:
    I'm pretty skeptical that its that low.
    It has been investigated in numerous studies. Believe it or not, it is the truth. Problem is, there is so much crap and misinformation pushed to the public, that must people have heard some of these myths their whole life so they will not believe the scientifically provable truth. The hormones in meat do not "build up in your system." That's the hormone analogs in plastics you are probably thinking of, @SimpleGirl

@Maitre_Pingouin, see my earlier comments
    TPoke
    edited January 28
    To add just a different angle to the hormone residue, think of it this way, many of the guys on testosterone therapy need weekly injections to keep the rollercoaster hormone fluctuations from happening, i.e. with more than 7 days between injections, many men bottom out on testosterone. Most drugs for livestock for human consumption have withdrawal times - that means it is illegal to administer the drug within a certain time frame of slaughter.
    TPoke
  • sephseph MDPosts: 29Silver Member
    I like to think of articles like this as the Internet "information" equivalent of junk food.

The author gives me no impression or credentials that she has the slightest clue what she's talking about.  The information itself sounds dubious, too.

[Deleted User]TemplarOnMyWaytim
    @Templar : I have seen what you say countless time, and it does not satisfy me. There are also other studies saying there are consequences ( http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/03067310701597293#.Uufsz_tKE-U ).
    About Antibiotics, yes, there are laws, which does not mean laws are enough.
    We both know there is just money behind this, and I don't trust people who try get money from me.

The truth is that maybe it has no effects as you say.
    But maybe the "estrogens" we find in beef are not the same in a non pregnant woman, and there are different kind of estrogens, and I'm not a woman so a woman production of estrogen does not interest me.

As Dale Carnegie says "you can't win an argument".
    I'm not trying to convince you, and you won't be able to convince me, because I won't bet my health on what you say.
    It would take more than one expert (and long studies of consequences over 2 or 3 generations) to convince me that it's safe.
    It's called the precautionary principle.

The truth is, in my case, that the article posted by the OP is just a random shit put there by someone I don't know.
    And I'm used to get my beef from an organic farm near my home (it's yummy...) ;)
    [Deleted User]Otter
    That's fine - being a science guy and knowing the animal husbandry as well, I am content in knowing what I say is correct.
    BTW, I can't access that article, as I am not a paid member to it. As such, can't evaluate the methodology or conclusions. Further, as the studies were performed in China (according to the preview page) where food safety is a farce compared to the US and Europe.

Anyway, eat what you like - and enjoy!
    TPoke
    edited January 28
    Don't focus on the article I sent, I found it on the Internet and have not read it either.
    But it's just one among many.
    I'm a science guy too, my wife and my sister are engineers and have worked on cattle, and so on...
    That's just it : when science people don't agree, I prefer being cautious and stay on what has proved to work in the past.

It's like MMSL : it's old stuff we tend to forget and that can be used safely.