Guys, learn to dance!

NeoTheLeoNeoTheLeo Posts: 757Member
edited February 2013 in Singles
Some of the best advice I could give my nephews as teenagers, comes from all my years as DJ in radio and clubs. Recently they have messaged me, now in their mid 20's, to tell me how great that advice has worked for them. 

LEARN TO DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!   

I know it seems so simple, but it really is an easy way to achieve high value in a public setting and stand out, get more IOI's and get further out in front of the competition with such little effort. 

I can't tell you how many times, I have seen men of lessor physical stature and looks, snag far higher value women by just being "willing" to dance. 

Notice I didn't say you really had to know how to dance. Just be "willing" to dance. You may think you have two left feet or don't know all the latest dance floor moves, but that isn't really required to be honest. 

All you have to do, is be willing to move! In fact,instead of trying to copy and match the steps of a dance, throw that out of your mind and just "feel" the bass and moving with it, however you like! Don't get caught up trying to match the moves but instead create your own and don't "think". Just "feel"

Like the music is a wave and you are surfing it or it's electricity and moving through your body smoothly and to the beat. (aka bass) 

Too many guys get caught up "thinking" about what they are doing, when you should really not think at all. It's more like fucking, to be honest. You don't think about what your hips do when you fuck, you just feel and do. Same with dancing. Don't over think it. 

The reason this is a easy way to raise your value in public is because most guys don't dance. They are too afraid of looking like a fool and never even attempt it. They are happy to sit on the sidelines and watch, as all the girls jump around the dance floor. 

Also, have fun with it! Be bigger than life! Make your presence on the dance floor known regardless how well or not you dance. Be the life of the party.
Imagine its Animal House and you are Jim Belushi or it's prom and you are Jeff Spicoli. 

The thing is, like Cyndi Lauper said, Girls just want to have fun, in these type settings, and if you are just dancing/jumping around without a care in the world and having fun, boom son!! I promise you will get attention!!

There is plenty of things I am clueless on regarding relationships and women, but this one I can be certain of. Dance = ladies = fun = happy happy happy

This should get you started...

Raspberry_roseJen22buckshot44[Deleted User]MILF_in_trainingSerendipity

Comments

• x1134xx1134x Posts: 1,265Member
    edited March 2013
    If you fail at dancing, learn guitar.  Instantly makes you way more interesting and attractive.  Learn the "john mayer" crap for the dumb blondes, bob dylan for the brainiacs, and of course garth brooks for the hick-chicks.
    Most women unwittingly ruin the sex as a reward by being so shitty in bed during the sex, that it becomes a form of punishment rather than a reward. - Athol Kay.
    MILF_in_trainingSerendipityMs_FitMona
  • MILF_in_trainingMILF_in_training Middle SuburbiaPosts: 2,936Member
     ... and if you can manage Leo Kotke or Al diMeola, I'll be waiting in your bedroom.  :-*

----------
    "... Never too rushed to enjoy life no matter what. Sometimes just pat-ass and squeeze-titty as I hurried through the kitchen, with her quick smile acknowledging it..." Robert Heinlein

Web design, book & ebook design, graphic design (PM for details)  I design t-shirts & gift items
    NeoTheLeoFroggy
  • NeoTheLeoNeoTheLeo Posts: 757Member
    cinnamon said:
    If you can lead well, your SR goes to 11.

That is all.

Our goes to 11.... that's one more isn't it... 

(love Spinal Tap) 
    :))
     ... and if you can manage Leo Kotke or Al diMeola, I'll be waiting in your bedroom.  :-*

Mason Williams?  I wail on Classical Gas.  Not that I'm trying to get into your bedroom, just boasting.
    Most women unwittingly ruin the sex as a reward by being so shitty in bed during the sex, that it becomes a form of punishment rather than a reward. - Athol Kay.
    NeoTheLeoMILF_in_training
    For a cool dance, learn the gansta walk, and jookin.  If steven colbert can do it:

• MikeInRealLifeMikeInRealLife Posts: 53Member

White guys who are uncomfortable with the bump-n-grind kind of stuff should look into country dancing. Not line dancing, but the swing-based modern country stuff. I've been doing this for years now, having a blast, and my wife eagerly learned to two-step. Now we can go to honkytonks and tear it up. But when I was single, having this skill was VERY helpful in meeting women, and brought me many excellent successes. I still use it at work-related after-hours events to charm women in my industry.

And women truly love men who can dance. As an example, we were out with some friends at a local club last weekend. The wife and I danced a few times and showed some cool twirls and dips and maybe a "pretzel." We got back to our table and a very cute, slender young woman - an ASU student, as it turned out - came bounding up and said to the FO, "Can I borrow him? He's a great dancer!" I obviously didn't need the FO's permission, but she thought it was charming and amusing. I danced with young woman, learned her name and such, and we had a nice few minutes on the floor.

I thanked her for the dance and returned to my table, where my buddy was sort of staring at me. I just smiled and said to him, loudly enough so that both our wives could hear, "You see, Kevin? You learn to dance and the hot bitches be comin' to you!" We all had a good laugh and a great rest of the night.

• qwerty3656qwerty3656 Posts: 148Member
    edited June 2013
    Like Leo did with his nephews, make sure you pass this along to the young men in your life.  I'm one of those guys who NEVER danced.  We made sure that our son's didn't follow in my footsteps (family weddings, etc).  It has already paid off for them in high school (they have a blast at the high school dances while their friends are holding up the gym walls). 
    Joanna
  • SouthernOracleSouthernOracle Posts: 94Member
    Seriously.  Learn to dance.  Take ballroom lessons even if all the other guys make fun of you.  You'll have women hanging off you like Spanish moss, and that's always the last laugh. 

Dancing with a man who can really lead is one of the most enjoyable social experiences I've ever had.  And there's a major lack of men who can lead. 
    Raspberry_roseMissusPcinnamonJoanna
  • Natalie_LorinNatalie_Lorin Posts: 851Member
    edited June 2013
  • Mike_MMike_M Posts: 45Member
    Ballroom dance I can see, it's a display of Alpha.  One of the classic literary conventions for a hero is to have a "firm, strong lead" on the dance floor.
  • Raspberry_roseRaspberry_rose East of the sun & west of the moonPosts: 1,002Member
    Not just the leading, it's also the chance to learn how to move together and anticipate each other's moves and wishes without a word exchanged. It's a whole conversation in body language. Except that the bodies are vertical.
    Neanderthal2000MissusP
  • RemusRemus Posts: 137Member

I do think this is great advice.  Too bad I don't enjoy a single kind of music that is good to dance to!  I really don't like any kind of R&B or country (other than maybe Johnny Cash).  That's always been my problem with dancing.  I just don't like the songs.  I guess the closest to a kind of music that is danceable that I like is goth (and I'm not even all that much of a fan), and of course, the point of goth dancing is to NOT dance with other people on the dance floor (the more you are ignoring everyone else the better).  I might be able to tolerate ballroom dancing on a limited basis, but its not something that typically comes up in social situations unless you seek it out.

I've always wondered why women are so into dancing.  I realize there are many great male dancers, but lets face it, women (and trying to meet women) are the primary drivers of dance floors everywhere.  Is the a genetic or physiological explanation?  Or is it just socialization?

• BenBen Posts: 2,706Member
    edited June 2013
    Remus said:

I guess the closest to a kind of music that is danceable that I like is goth (and I'm not even all that much of a fan), and of course, the point of goth dancing is to NOT dance with other people on the dance floor (the more you are ignoring everyone else the better).

You're doing like this:  

When you should be doing like this:

---

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Natalie_LorincinnamonJoanna
  • RemusRemus Posts: 137Member
    LOL the one with the goth kids is maybe my favorite Southpark episode.  I'm not actually a goth, I'm more of a metalhead, and goth is the closest thing that some women actually like lol.
  • MILF_in_trainingMILF_in_training Middle SuburbiaPosts: 2,936Member
    Do they have techno-contra in other parts of the country?

A friend of mine once said there are two kinds of dances: dances that are stylized war, and dances that are stylized seduction. Hint: couple dances are not the first  kind ...
    ;;)

A good tango is as close as you can come to sex in public.
    ----------
    "... Never too rushed to enjoy life no matter what. Sometimes just pat-ass and squeeze-titty as I hurried through the kitchen, with her quick smile acknowledging it..." Robert Heinlein

Web design, book & ebook design, graphic design (PM for details)  I design t-shirts & gift items
    Raspberry_roseSouthernOracle
  • MissusPMissusP Posts: 1,439Member
    Remus said:

I do think this is great advice.  Too bad I don't enjoy a single kind of music that is good to dance to!  I really don't like any kind of R&B or country (other than maybe Johnny Cash).  That's always been my problem with dancing.  I just don't like the songs.  I guess the closest to a kind of music that is danceable that I like is goth (and I'm not even all that much of a fan), and of course, the point of goth dancing is to NOT dance with other people on the dance floor (the more you are ignoring everyone else the better).  I might be able to tolerate ballroom dancing on a limited basis, but its not something that typically comes up in social situations unless you seek it out.

I've always wondered why women are so into dancing.  I realize there are many great male dancers, but lets face it, women (and trying to meet women) are the primary drivers of dance floors everywhere.  Is the a genetic or physiological explanation?  Or is it just socialization?

Women are just as motivated by physical contact as men, but dancing is one of the few socially acceptable ways for women to enjoy physical touch. Just look at comments regarding women and personal trainers here!

That being said, learning to dance as a couple is a wonderful way to learn to accept leadership, to lead, and to cooperate. Dance lessons were at the start of our marriage and part of the more recent improvement in our marriage.
    Raspberry_rose
  • sashasasha Posts: 937Member
    x1134x said:
    For a cool dance, learn the gansta walk, and jookin.  If steven colbert can do it:

I watched the video of Lil Buck with Yo Yo Ma in China.
    Couldn't smile big enough. Thanks!